r1652 - in trunk: config user user/sed user/sed/doc user/sed/intl user/sed/lib user/sed/po user/sed/sed user/sed/testsuite

Stefan Sperling stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de
Fri Dec 22 16:07:21 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 02:22:17PM +0100, Michael Kurz wrote:
>    2006/12/22, Stefan Sperling <stsp at stsp.in-berlin.de>:
>
>      > Log:
>      > Port of sed to DSLinux by Michael Kurtz
>
>      I'm getting this trying to compile sed:
>
>              help2man: can't get `--help' info from ../sed/sed
>              make[4]: *** [sed.1] Error 126
>              make[4]: Leaving directory `/src/user/sed/doc'
>              make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
>      Looks like the Makefile is trying to run the cross-compiled
>      binary on the host system...
>
>    It probably shouldn't do this...
>    I will look after it tomorrow

Please also make sure that no files that are generated
while building sed are added as new files in your patch.

I am getting unnecessary diffs from the following files
simply because I've compiled sed:

	user/sed/config.log
	user/sed/doc/sed.info-1
	user/sed/doc/sed.info-2
	user/sed/doc/stamp-vti
	user/sed/doc/sed.info
	user/sed/doc/sed.1
	user/sed/doc/version.texi
	user/sed/intl/Makefile
	user/sed/po/Makefile

Can we remove these files from the repository?

--
stefan
http://stsp.in-berlin.de                                 PGP Key: 0xF59D25F0